1. TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We, or our service providers on our behalf, may collect the following information about you or your use of the Telemundo Atlanta Services:
Information You Provide to Us
- Contact and registration information: information such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, username, and password.
- Information about you or your friends and family: such as demographic or biographical information, gender, interests, photos, videos, or any other information about you that you provide to us, including information about friends, contacts or referrals.
- Transaction information: if payment is needed for transactions, payment information such as your credit/debit card details, purchase history, delivery address and other information related to your transaction.
- Competition, sweepstakes and survey information: any information provided when entering competitions, prize draws and sweepstakes we, or a third party on our behalf, may run. We may carry out surveys and panel discussions, which may request that you voluntarily provide additional information.
- Customer care, technical support and other feedback: questions and other messages you address to us directly through online forms and social media platforms. If you contact us by phone, we may record the conversation and/or keep a summary of the call.
- Other information you provide: any other information that you provide to us including, posts, date of birth, content, photos, booking times or biometric identifiers such as facial scans or fingerprints.
Information We Collect Automatically
- Device Information: including your IP address, browser types, browser language, operating system, platform type, gaming platform, device types, and device IDs such as unique identifiers, advertising identifiers, or gaming platform identifiers.
- Usage Information: including files you download, domain names, landing pages, your browsing activity, what you click, scrolling and keystroke activity, pages viewed, advertising viewed or visited, forms or fields you complete or partially complete, search terms, whether you open an email and your interaction with the content, access times, and error logs, and other similar information.
- Location Information: including the city, state and ZIP code associated with your IP address, information derived through WiFi triangulation, and precise location information from GPS-based functionality on your mobile devices or from your use of our Mobile Apps, and with your consent, your precise GPS information.
- Viewing Behavior: including the content you view, how long you watch each video, the quality of the service you receive (e.g. buffering, load times) as well as advertisements you have been shown or interacted with.
- Offline Information. Certain information may also be stored while you are offline and transmitted to us when you next connect to the Internet, regardless of where you connect from or the device you use to connect.
Information from Third Party Sources
We may receive information about you from third parties, partners or our service providers such as:
- Public Information: from publicly and commercially available online or offline sources, as permitted by law including demographic information, purchasing data, membership in loyalty programs or information about advertisements you have seen or acted upon, including your interaction with advertisers’ products and services.
- Social Media Information: if you visit the Telemundo Atlanta Services on a device on which you also use social networks or if you interact with us through a social media service or other platform, we may have access to some information you provide to that social network or platform such as your name, email address, friend list, photo, age, gender, location, birthday, social networking ID, current city, and the people/sites you follow.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Depending on the Telemundo Atlanta Service you use, we, or our service providers, may use your information to:
Provide the Telemundo Atlanta Service including
- responding to your requests or inquiries;
- sending you service-related communications, including announcements and administrative messages;
- displaying certain content, such as content you upload and make available, comments, and game statistics and rankings;
- generating suggestions on the type of video you might enjoy;
- understanding how you use the services so we can improve them;
- processing your entries into sweepstakes, contests or promotions.
Personalize your experience including
- providing you with advertising based on your activities and interests;
- creating and updating audience segments that can be used for targeted advertising and marketing on the Telemundo Atlanta services, television, third party services and platforms, mobile apps and/or websites, and offline;
- creating profiles about you, including adding information we obtain from third parties, which may be used for analytics, marketing and advertising;
- sending you newsletters, surveys and information about products, services and promotions offered by Telemundo Atlanta, our partners, and other organizations with which we work.
Recognize your devices and associate the information with your profile including
- using data collected or received from service providers, advertisers, and other third parties, such as your device information, to match mobile advertising and cookie identifiers;
- matching your devices if you log into the same online service on multiple devices or web browsers or if your devices share similar attributes that support an inference that they are used by the same user or household;
- using this information to match your interests across devices, as well as for analytics, ad serving or reporting, or to improve the services;
- identifying you or your device or associated information with you, your device, or your profile whenever you visit the Telemundo Atlanta Service, even if you do so when logged out or without intentionally identifying yourself.
Prevent fraud and defend our legal rights
- protecting the safety of our users and others;
- enforcing our terms of service;
- preventing fraud or any other potentially illegal activities.
We may combine all the information we collect from or receive about you for any of the foregoing purposes. Please see Your Rights and Choices section for further information.
3. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information with:
- Related Companies: Telemundo and Telemundo affiliates, Surge Digital Media and applicable third party affiliations.
- Service providers that perform certain business-related functions on our behalf: including research and analytics, website hosting, transaction fulfillment, payment, processing database maintenance, contest, sweepstakes and promotion administration, fraud prevention, technology services and platforms, identity management and acquisition and conversion services.
- Advertisers, Advertising Networks, and Other Third Parties: information about how you use the Telemundo Atlanta Services and interact with content or ads to better tailor services, products, marketing and advertising on our service or on third party platforms. These third parties may use their own tracking technologies/cookies to collect or request information about you including through surveys.
- Hashed/Masked Information. We may share information about you along with a hashed or masked identifier, with third parties so they may better personalize your experience with them and the offers they send you.
- Other Users and Search Engines: depending on the Telemundo Atlanta Service, you may provide certain information including your name, photo, and other information to create an account (“Account Profile”). Some information in your Account Profile may be available publicly to other members of that service, or the general public, and may be searchable by search engines. When we display your user submissions, they will be identified by information in your Account Profile. We may distribute user submissions to third parties, and if we do, we may include any information in your Account Profile or submissions.
- Research and Measurement Companies: we share information about content you view on the Telemundo Atlanta Services with video measurement services such as Nielsen TV Ratings, as well as other analytics providers. See Your Rights and Choices section for more information.
- Law Enforcement Agencies, Regulators, Content Protection Organizations, Anti-fraud Coalitions and other groups to:
- protect our legal rights, privacy or safety, and that of Telemundo Atlanta, our employees, agents, contractors, or other individuals;
- protect the safety and security of visitors to the Telemundo Atlanta Services or other properties;
- protect against fraud or other illegal activity or for risk management purposes;
- respond to inquiries or requests from government, regulatory, law enforcement, or public authorities;
- permit us to pursue available remedies, commence, participate in, or defend litigation, or limit the damages that we may sustain;
- comply with the law including with subpoenas, search warrants, court orders, and other legal process; or
- enforce applicable terms of service.
Video Viewing Behavior
With your appropriate consent, and consistent with applicable law, we may share your video viewing behavior with third parties including advertising companies, analytic partners, and social media sites.
Sale or Transfer of all or Part of our Business or Assets
5. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Communication Preferences and Opt-outs
You may unsubscribe from our email newsletters or promotional emails by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. You cannot unsubscribe from service-related, transactional, or emails related to your Telemundo Atlanta Service.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Our Cookies and Tracking Technologies policy provides certain opt-out choices. However, we may still allow collect usage data for certain other purposes (e.g., contextual advertising, research, analytics, and internal operations).
The Telemundo Atlanta Mobile App is included as part of Telemundo Atlanta Services. Through the mobile app, users are able to opt out of targeted advertising, video measurement and certain analytics.
Access, Correction and Deletion
Depending on the Telemundo Atlanta Service you use you may be able to access and correct certain information through the features provided by the service. In addition, where legally required, we will provide users with access to their information and the ability to review, update, correct, and/or delete it. We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity, such as requiring a password and user ID, and possibly photo ID before granting access to your information. For more information please contact email@example.com
Other Online Services
6. LOCATION OF YOUR INFORMATION
Telemundo Atlanta is headquartered in the United States and may from time to time transfer your information to other countries and make it accessible to other affiliates, service providers and advertisers regardless of where they are located. We will take steps to ensure that your information receives an appropriate level of protection.
7. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We maintain procedural, technical, and physical safeguards for the Telemundo Atlanta Services to help protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of the information you provide via the Telemundo Atlanta Services. These safeguards vary depending upon the sensitivity of the information we collect and store. Please be aware that no security solutions are infallible.
9. CONTACT US
COOKIES / TRACKING January 2019
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES AND HOW TELEMUNDO ATLANTA USES THEM
Some of these companies may combine information they collect from our online services with other information they have independently collected relating to your browser’s activities across other online services. These companies collect and use this information under their own privacy policies.
Examples of these companies, their privacy policies, and the opt-outs they offer can be found in the table below:
Network Customer Info Page/Opt-Out Page
YOUR COOKIE CHOICES AND HOW TO OPT OUT
Most browsers are initially set up to accept HTTP cookies. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, and how to disable existing cookies. For more information about HTTP cookies and how to disable them, or restrict the categories of cookies you wish to accept, you can consult the information at www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
Controlling the HTML5 local storage on your browser depends on which browser you use. For more information regarding your specific browser please consult the browser’s website (often in the Help section).
For more information about Flash “cookies” or local storage objects or LSOs, and how to disable them, you can consult the information provided at http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/526/52697ee8.html.
Please note, however, that without HTTP cookies and HTML5 and Flash local storage, you may not be able to take full advantage of all our online services features and some parts of the online services may not function properly.
You may opt out of additional third party advertising networks by going to the Network Advertising Initiative’s Website at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and following the directions there. The effect of opting out of third party advertising networks is explained on each opt out page. Note that for some sites, the effect of opting out of third party advertising means that customized advertising will not be delivered to you. Information regarding your usage of the online services may still be collected for research, analytics or internal operations purposes.
We are not responsible for the effectiveness of any such opt-out options.
Telemundo Atlanta does not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed. We continue to review new technologies and may adopt a standard once one is created.
Advertisers and third parties also may collect information about your activity on our sites and applications, on devices associated with you, and on third-party sites and applications using tracking technologies. Tracking data collected by these advertisers and third parties is used to decide which ads you see both on our sites and applications and on third-party sites and applications, but does not identify you personally and is not associated with your registration account. You may choose not to receive targeted advertising from many ad networks, data exchanges, marketing analytics and other service providers. You may also choose to control targeted advertising you receive within applications by using your mobile device settings (for example, by re-setting your device's advertising identifier and/or opting out of interest based ads). We adhere to the Digital Advertising Alliance's Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are required to operate our digital properties
Stores site implementation specific information
Session cookie (expires when browser is closed)
Drupal specific cookie
Adobe Omniture Analytics:s_vi [Unique ID]
Cookies in this category enable Telemundo Atlantal to measure the performance of our digital properties
Unique visitor ID time/date stamp
Updated every page view
Capture user geo location information
User geo location, ex "US.NA.US_GA. US_GA_Atlanta
Google DoubleClick: _gads
Advertising cookies enable more precise ad delivery to our visitors
Unique user identifier and other user specific ad serving data
Cookies are small pieces of data sent from a website as the user is browsing that website and stored in a user's web browser. Cookies are stored as small text files containing a string of characters. They communicate certain information to us or to third parties about how online services are used (e.g. which pages and advertisements have been viewed), about users’ preferences (e.g. what size font a user prefers) and for site functionality (e.g. remembering where a user paused watching video content). Regular cookies may can generally be disabled or removed by tools that are available as part of most browsers, and in some but not all instances can be blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. Please be aware that if you disable or remove cookies or HTML5 cookies on your device, some parts of our online services may not function properly, and that when you revisit our online service your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including to count visitors to the online service, to monitor how users navigate the online services, to count how many emails we sent that were actually opened, or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to HTTP cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the online service, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your device from our web server or a third party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the online service, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
ETag, or entity tag
A feature of the cache in browsers, an ETag is an opaque identifier assigned by a web server to a specific version of a resource found at a URL. If the resource content at that URL ever changes, a new and different ETag is assigned. Used in this manner, ETags are a form of device identifier. ETag tracking may generate unique tracking values even where the consumer blocks HTTP, Flash, and/or HTML5 cookies.
For any questions regarding this Cookies and Tracking Technologies Policy please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or Telemundo Atlanta 4675 River Green Pkwy., Duluth, GA 30096